TOFWERK, Thun, CH, ist offering a position as application Scientist – ecTOF Product line.
TOFWERK is making the world a cleaner place through innovative solutions for chemical analysis.
Our scientists and engineers design, manufacture, and optimize high performance mass spectrometers for new applications to support researchers and industrial customers around the world. We are headquartered in Thun, Switzerland, with regional offices in China, Japan, Korea and the United States. Our diverse team members cultivate a collaborative and creative work environment. Together we deliver the highest quality products and service to ensure our customers’ success.
TOFWERK is seeking a highly motivated analytical scientist to work within our Applications Department in support of our ecTOF product team.
- Perform product demonstrations, conduct experiments, analyze data and write reports
- GC-MS application development
- Identification of novel fields of application and identification of user requirements
- Maintain instrumentation in the Switzerland demo lab
- Act as a beta tester for software releases on demo instruments
- Act as a beta tester for new instrumentation releases
- Support the quality control department in defining QC procedures
- Provide 3rd-level (expert) support to customers
- Work with other members of the ecTOF team to improve instruments and technology
- Work with other members of the application department to ensure that all analyses at TOFWERK utilize the best available methods and technology
- PhD in Analytical Chemistry or related field
- 4+ years of experience using mass spectrometry for applied research or sample analysis (this may include experience gained during a degree program)
- Ability to work independently in the laboratory, including: experiment design, sample preparation, operation of scientific equipment, troubleshooting, and data interpretation
- Hands-on mentality, eager to work with instrument hardware
- Willingness to travel up to 20% per year for customer site visits and scientific conferences at European and international locations
- Fluency in English
- Use of any of the following: GC-MS or LC-MS, preferably using TOF mass analyzers
- Experience running prototype scientific equipment
- Experience with hardware troubleshooting
- Knowledge on chemical and/or electron Ionization
We look forward to receiving your application referencing HR-579 at email@example.com