To strengthen the research within the Bioanalytics department in Dortmund we invite applications for a
Groupleader “Lipidomics” (m/f/d)
The Leibniz Institute for Analytical Sciences – ISAS – e. V. is a research institute dedicated to the development and improvement of analytical methods and tools for health research and related fields. The ISAS is a member of the Leibniz Association and is publicly funded by the Federal Republic of Germany and its federal states.
The workgroup should focus on research and development for lipidomics, multi OMICS, integration of large datasets and translation of technology towards biomedical and clinical application.
We expect synergism within the other research groups at ISAS and existing research networks within the Leibniz association and University partners such as the SFB 1116 and Transregio 240.
Social skills, the capacity to work in multidisciplinary teams and applying for third party research funds are prerequisites.
Supported by competitive funding including resources for research positions and a start – up package, candidates are expected to develop an independent and vigorous research program. Furthermore, candidates should be committed to excellence in undergraduate/graduate teaching and in supervising PhD students and scientists.
The initial appointment will be for 5 years with tenure after a successful scientific evaluation. The candidate should have a Ph.D. degree, a track record in scientific excellence and in obtaining extramural funding, having enabled him/her to conduct interdisciplinary research.
Eligible candidates have established a strong track record in the postdoctoral phase, and demonstrate educational and personal aptitude as well as international experience.
You will be responsible for:
• Develop a comprehensive research plan for lipidomics applied to health research
• Heading the workgroup, management of resources and guiding of coworkers
• Setting up model systems for lipid research
• Development of software tools for automated data processing
• Coordination, planning, documentation and execution of analyses
• Presentation of the results in the form of scientific publications as well as posters and lectures at national and international congresses
• University degree in chemistry, biology, biotechnology, pharmacy or a similar subject
• Good knowledge in the field of mass spectrometry / lipidomics
• Safe handling of software for data evaluation
• Structured and analytical way of working
• Team player with good communication skills
• Scientific development opportunities in an international cooperative, interdisciplinary research environment and an excellent working atmosphere in a very dynamic and professional team.
• Extensive state-of-the-art equipment and infrastructure.
• The opportunity to present your data on international conferences and participate in workshops.
Non-residents who apply for this job will receive help from the institute to find accommodation and to handle authorities. Applications from disabled applicants are welcome. ISAS supports the principle of equal opportunity between men and women, and is therefore interested in applications from women. The salary will be according to the German TV-L. The full-time position is offered for three years.
The position is available immediately.
Closing date for application is 11th of November 2019.
Complete applications with an extended curriculum vitae with full publication list, a cover letter, as well as your expertise and methodological competencies, names and contact information of 2 references, should be submitted (quoting the reference number 30/2019 in the subject header) as a single pdf document to email@example.com. Informal inquiries are welcome and can be submitted to the human resources department (firstname.lastname@example.org). For further information regarding the institute, please see: www.isas.de.