Mass Spectrometry Sales Specialist to be based in Bayern, Germany
Applications should be sent with cover letter & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 25th September 2022.
Salary €58,000 to €85,000 pa
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), the world’s leading specialty measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials, and food sciences for more than 60 years. With more than 7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 35 countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, with products available in more than 100 countries. Our team focuses on creating business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations to enable significant advancement in healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality.
Working at Waters enables our employees to unlock the potential of their careers. Our global team is driven by purpose. We strive to be better, learn and improve every day in everything we do. We’re the problem solvers and innovators that aren’t afraid to take risks to transform the world of human health and well-being. We’re all in it together delivering benefit as one to provide the insights needed today in order to solve the challenges of tomorrow.
Are you a graduate with a Masters or PHD in Mass Spectrometry or in a life science-related discipline e.g., Chemistry, Biology or Biochemistry?
Do you have experience in working with of High-resolution Mass Spectrometry in applied science?
Are you looking to work for a leading global company?
Do want a stable income with excellent benefits?
If you answered YES to any of the questions above, we’d love to hear from you!
We have an exciting opportunity for MS Sales Specialist to support our growing instrument Business in Germany for Bavaria/ Baden-Württemberg region.
In this role, you will play a key role in selling products which make a real impact to people’s lives whether our products support developing Covid Tests and vaccines; help scientists detect cancer; ensure food safety or helps scientists develop biodegradable plastics – our work Delivers Benefit!
We will develop your product and application knowledge and sales skills to support our Mass Spectrometry & Liquid Chromatography sales business.
As a MS Sales Specialist you would be part of the Waters Sales business selling products that are used by people worldwide for specialist measurement and scientific analysis. Your main responsibilities would include:
- Prospecting for new customers across your region
- Follow-up the development of existing customers
- Presenting and selling Waters products and strategies
- Price negotiations with customers and/or their purchase departments
- Updating our Compass-CRM system with data concerning customers and projects
- Organization of sales events at customer’s sites
- Providing support to account managers
- Responding to URS (user requirements specifications) and RFPs (Requests for Proposals) by preparation of quotes, and other documentation
- You will be working closely with all other groups at Waters (e.g., Instrument Sales, Chemistry Sales, and Informatics, etc.),
- High level of communication and networking internally and externally
- Identifying customer business problems and translating them into solutions while promoting the Waters instrument portfolio
- Understanding customer decision processes and organization charts (scientific, IT & Senior Management)
- Master Degree or Ph.D. in Science;
- Technical knowledge and practical solution selling experience, ideally in High resolution MS
- Experience in a laboratory, with a background in chromatography and mass spectrometry software in applied science ( Omics )
- Exposure within relevant field/industry
- Highly passionate individual with charisma, perseverance and determination, plus the ability to work effectively in competitive sales situations
- Customer focused with very good listening skills
- Ability to understand, interpret and communicate complex technical issues
- Good interpersonal skills with a positive sense of humor and is able to contribute as part of an integrated sales/service organization
- Good priority setting and organisational skills
- Knowledge of computers and the use of standard Windows based packages (knowledge of Waters Mass Spectrometry software “MassLynx” and/or “UNIFI” would be desirable)
- Proficient German and English Language skills are essential
- A clean driving license and a valid passport will be required
- This is a territory-based position with travelling within your designated territory, and occasional travels to other countries for activities such as governance of department, local business support, scientific meetings and training.
- A disclosure of any criminal convictions may be required as some of our customers work in sensitive and confidential government areas.
In return you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Wellbeing Programs and Services
- Health and Welfare coverage, including private medical insurance where applicable
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP)
- Retirement Savings Programs, including company contributions where applicable
- Employee Stock Purchase Programs
- Risk Insurance – Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Disability Protection, Global Business Travel Accident Insurance
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our core values at Waters Corporation. It is our responsibility to actively implement programs and practices to drive inclusive behaviour and increase diversity across the organization. We are united by diversity and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, our customers and our community.
Waters is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.