The Center for Molecular Biology of Heidelberg University (ZMBH) has an opening for a Research Scientist (m/f/d) as head of the Facility for Mass Spectrometry and Proteomics.
Research Scientist (m/f/d) as head of the Facility for Mass Spectrometry and Proteomics
Fulltime position, starting date: October 01, 2023
The PhD scientist will collaborate with the different research groups of the ZMBH and other institutes of the Heidelberg Molecular Life Science Campus on diverse projects involving qualitative and quantitative proteomics. These projects require SILAC and other labeling techniques for quantitation, identification and localization of posttranslational modifications, including phosphorylation, acetylation, ubiquitination and SUMOylation. The successful candidate is expected to advise and support the research groups in setting up experiments, to manage data acquisition and analysis, and to discuss the results in-depth. Joint publications are possible. Acquisition of third-party funding is encouraged. The successful candidate will shape the future development of the facility including acquisition of new methods and instruments. As head of a service facility, customer orientation, continuous quality and performance monitoring and efficient workflow management are essential. Currently, the facility team consists of the head, two research scientists, a research engineer and two technicians.
The Core Facility for Mass spectrometry and Proteomics is equipped with a nano-LC QExactive, a nanoLC-Orbitrap ELITE MS system and a nanoUPLC-QTRAP5500 system.
Your ideal qualifications:
- Ph.D. in chemistry, pharmaceutics, biology or related fields
- Expert knowledge in liquid chromatography mass spectrometry and MS/MS using CID and possibly ETD
- Experience in various quantitative proteomics techniques, in particular SILAC and TMT, and/or detection and localization of posttranslational modifications
- Proficiency in data analysis including database searches and software for quantitative proteomics
- Hands-on experience in preparation of biological samples
- Team working abilities, leadership qualities and aptitude in guiding technical assistants
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills, German will be an advantage
The position is permanent. Payment will be according to German TV-L14 (full-time).
Contact: Dr. T. Ruppert (+49 6221 546895)
Apl. Prof. Dr. M. Mayer (+49 6221 546829)
Please submit your application by June 05, 2023, via e-mail in a single pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org
Heidelberg University stands for equal opportunities and diversity. Qualified female candidates are especially invited to apply. Persons with severe disabilities will be given preference if they are equally qualified. Information on job advertisements and the collection of personal data is available at www.uni-heidelberg.de/en/job-market.