The Proteomics Core Facility of Gothenburg University is now seeking an MS specialist with strong background in MS-based proteomics.
Applications must be received by: 2023-05-25
A key focus of the position will be in planning and designing proteomic and MS experiments together with platform users and to share your expertise with the team in the facility. You will be an MS specialist in multiple projects applied to different biological materials and research questions. The bioinformatic/statistic component of the proteomic pipeline is an important part of the work, to be able to assist the users in proper integration of the proteomics data into biology and medicine. The position also requires survey and implementation of new technological approaches such as “single cell proteomics”, protocols and software related to proteomics and MS.
The responsibilities will include:
- Planning and performing user requested research projects in proteomics and MS, including laboratory work.
- Operation, maintenance and trouble-shooting of the MS instruments, Orbitraps interfaced with nanoLCs (Thermo Scientific) and tims-TOFs with Evosep LC (Bruker).
- Data analysis and data interpretation using various proteomic tools, e.g., Proteome Discoverer, MaxQuant, DiaNN, Perseus, Skyline, Byonics . Writing and using scripts in R or Python.
- Developing methods for single cell proteomics / minimal sample proteomics.
- Method and protocol preparation for project tracking and publications, stay current with relevant technologies and scientific literature, attend scientific conferences.
We are seeking a highly motivated scientist with a PhD degree and a documented strong background and relevant expertise in proteomics and high resolution MS, including quantitative and/ or post-translational modification studies.
- The applicant must have experience with Orbitrap and/or tims-TOF mass spectrometers and nanoLC systems.
- The successful candidate must have extensive experience with MS data analysis and major proteomic software packages, i.e., Proteome Discoverer, MaxQuant, DiaNN and FragPipe.
- The candidate shall be able to present previous work in proteomic studies.
- Knowledge in manual interpretation of MS spectra as well as programming/writing scripts is highly desirable and a merit.
- Excellent communicational and organizational skills, team working, strong interpersonal and service-minded attitude are essential and we will evaluate that in the team.
- Flexibility, problem-solving capabilities and ability to adapt to rapid changes together with a deeper understanding of academic research is a merit and will be evaluated together with the team.
The employment is a full-time (100%), permanent position, placed at Proteomics Core Facility within the Core Facilities at the University of Gothenburg. A probationary employment period of 6 months may be applied. Start date as soon as possible based on agreement.
Contact information for the post
For questions regarding the position, you are welcome to contact Carina Sihlbom, head of unit at Proteomics Core Facility, on 031-786 9790 or firstname.lastname@example.org.