Agro Innovation International Roullier Centre in Saint-Malo, France:
In order to strengthen our team, the R&D Plant Nutrition Department is recruiting a RESEARCH ENGINEER IN METABOLOMICS based in Saint Malo (France).
Our ambition? Innovation. Our mission? Meeting the nutritional challenges of tomorrow. Specialists in Plant Nutrition and Animal Nutrition, within the Roullier Group, we extent our success around the world by relying on a solid and dynamic structure and by mastering all stages of our industrial and commercial process. Our strength? 8,000 employees who carry our values: innovation, performance, entrepreneurial spirit and daring. Looking for an international career and want to face a permanent challenge?
The Agro Innovation International Roullier Centre, a unique European private Research Centre, brings together, in Saint-Malo, its various Research facilities in Plant Nutrition and Animal Nutrition. Supporting the international development and innovation are the stated objectives of this Centre where all nationalities work together to participate for agriculture and its tomorrow’s challenge.
In order to strengthen our team, the R&D Plant Nutrition Department is recruiting a RESEARCH ENGINEER IN METABOLOMICS
based in Saint Malo (France).
Within the R&D department, under the responsibility of the Laboratory Manager, your main mission will be to manage the metabolomic platform in order to identify and to analyze biomolecules in plants and in natural extracts.
As such, your main tasks will be the following :
– Development and validation of methods and SOPs for the characterization and quantification of biomolecules by mass spectrometry (QQQ and QTOF) coupled with chromatography (UHPLC, GC) ;
– Build-up mass spectral library databases based in high-resolution mass spectrometry detection ;
– Good knowledge in data treatment and statistical analysis (PCA, PLS-DA, OPLS-DA, SVM) ;
– Proven experience in sample preparation (SPE, LLE, SLE, SPME, HS) ;
– Planning analytical tasks of different internal and collaborative projects with academic Research ;
– Elaboration of reports and technical documents ;
– Routine maintenance of instruments in the platform ;
– Attending scientific conferences and scientific monitoring ;
– Training junior members of the team and follow-up of the laboratory’s good practice.
PhD (or equivalent) in chemistry, analytical chemistry, biochemistry or related, you have in-depth knowledge of mass spectrometry and you have acquired expertise in metabolomics analyses in plants. You master bioinformatics, statistical analyses and mass spectrometry software. Ideally you will have had a first experience in public and/or industrial research or a post-doctorate mission.
You speak fluent English and you speak or would like to learn French. Knowledge of another foreign language would be appreciated.
Rigor, analytical skills are necessary tools to succeed in this position. Furthermore, you have the ability to combine autonomy and team spirit.
If this position fits to your profile, please send your CV and motivation letter in English to Solène Horvais (email@example.com).