Guidelines for the Application of DGMS Travel Stipends
The German Society for Mass Spectrometry (DGMS) awards travel stipends to student members to attend scientific meetings of the DGMS or conferences where the DGMS is involved. According to a decision of the DGMS presidential board, travel stipends can also be awarded for other conferences if they are eligible for support (DGMS statute §2, paragraph 3).
- Applications for a DGMS travel stipend to attend a scientific meeting of the German Society for Mass Spectrometry have to be completed online via the DGMS website. The deadline for applications to the Annual DGMS Conference is announced on the DGMS website (please see member information) is the starting date for conference registration. Applications for travel stipends to attend other conferences that are eligible for support have to be sent to the DGMS via the treasurer.
- Only DGMS members who are enrolled as students at a German or European University or a German or European College, or who pursue their Master, Diploma or PhD degree, are eligible to apply for travel stipends. All applicants must confirm their student status.
- Student members applying for a travel stipend are not permitted to receive additional travel funding support from a third party, e.g. from their institution, third-party funding or other stipends. Travel stipends will not be awarded to post-docs or to members with permanent (tenured) positions in government or industry.
- Travel stipends are only granted if the student member actively partakes in the scientific meeting, i.e., by presenting a scientific contribution (oral or poster presentation) related to mass spectrometry, or by supporting the organization of the scientific meeting. A co-authorship on a scientific contribution is not sufficient to be eligible for a travel stipend.
- The following documents must be submitted in order to be eligible for receipt of a travel stipend:
- Online application form for travel stipend
- Confirmation of student status (student ID or confirmation of graduate student status by the graduation committee)
- Confirmation (by signature at the end of the scientific meeting) of active participation in the scientific meeting
- Confirmation (by signature at the end of the scientific meeting) that no additional travel support is provided by a third party
- Travel stipends are paid as a lump-sum, which may vary depending on the travelling distance to the scientific meeting. The DGMS may also waive the registration fee rather than paying a lump-sum to the applicant.
- Travel stipends are only awarded to student members if all documents (according to paragraph 5 are presented at the end of the scientific meeting.
- There is no legal claim for receiving a travel stipend by the DGMS.
Application: Right now only possible via the German version after Login!